Monday, January 26, 2015

To Be "Saved"

You can pray all your might but my mental illness will not go away. I don't need to believe in God more than I already do. And it will not take away the events of my past, it will not make people take responsibility for their actions causing injury( physical and Psychological).  My belief helped me navigate my illness that i can cope with it better, it helped me take responsibility for my illness and my ability to ask for the help that I need to help cope from day to day, from Week to week. My belief in a holy spirit opened up my creative side that sat lingering for years in my heart, and it allowed me to voice the words in the written form again that I could publish a collection of Poetry, and write a childrens story to give a voice to children who may not have the voice to sing in hopes of people understanding their parents and helping end stigmas even within families. That same holy spirit gave me a signal through my body that my life needed some major changes and I Iistened.  But i am not going to tell you that you need to be saved because you may not even Christian! You may be Hindi, Punjab, Buddhist, or Muslim. You and your family may approach this Illness differently than mine, your grandparents generation may have different expectations of how you deal with your illness than ours.  But I can tell you mental illness can be inherited(or at least the tendancy towards certain illnesses); at least I know part of mine was, and some illness are environmental- PTSD alone could be triggered by a single event or a multitude of events.  You don't need to pray to "Save" me, you just need to accept me for my package, i have the right to be own relation to God should Should I choose to have that relationship.  Besides if God were to have ""saved" me I would have guessed he did it years ago- because I am here writing this 

No comments:

Post a Comment