Friday, May 29, 2015

80's music

Today brought some laughter and smiles as we recalled all the 80's music that we loved - only because the radio was playing a handful of 80's hits - so if i am talking about getting excited over vinyls of cyndi lauper or michael jackson I know you must be going what- yes i am dating myself a bit but with everything going on to think the 80's music was legendary stuff- well yes- the thriller video was a mini movie and set standards for future music videos,  cyndi lauper, the Bangles, culture club promoted a rather colorful combination of clothing that I adored. But i have to say the beginning of the 80's Blondie was my number1 vinyl to listen too when i got the chance and i know my girlfriend and i danced around the house. Then i discovered david bowie and john travolta with olivia newton john, melissa manchester, bruce sprinsteen got a place on the cassettes for the car for that long three hour drive before we could stop to do a break.  Knowing we still had another 3 hours before we got to the ferry- yes i am used to these ridiculous routes having lived a few years in Port Hardy. ( but thats beside the point) 
The 80's for me depicted a lot of moving around and the ten years i was in primary school up to my mid teens.  So 80's music really affected me and defined how I coped but still today this music and listing this music really brightened my day. Such fond memories of Madonna pushing all the buttons for media and religion.  Not really caring that boy george was probably gay but darn you gotta love those braids.  Or a-has cool cartoon video Take me on( definitely art inspiration there!  
Did i tell you it was a hot summery day to sit outside and ponder these thoughts as a groups and bring more smiles as a group
Ah 80's music and the beginning of summer! And my kids will have no idea who most of my music was ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment