Thursday, May 28, 2015

Please don't tell me

That you could handle your traumas without medication and therapy, and that you are happily able to pay your bills and taxes when I am sitting across from you and I am on social assistance and disability, I need medication, and I need years of therapy.  Because you believe in jesus and he helps you to forgive. 
This spirals me into a self doubt of why couldn't I handle my traumas, do I not believe enough? But i also see that you are in a good marriage with a family that loves you. That doesn't blame you for their unhappiness, that doesn't hurt you! That doesn't blame you for your illness. 
Please that is not empathy telling me that yes you also went through trauma but your faith heals you. It makes me feel weakened and hurt,  It devalues the work that I have done and it shames me. 
You families act when you are being bullied- I got more abuse and blame for not standing up for myself. It didn't matter where i went to school or how many times i ask for help  the bullying continued and i got yelled at because I tried to take my life as a teenager.  I was really alone. Alot. I had sexual abuse, assault, physical and mental abuse, and medical misshandling, and i lived through my fathers suicide, and you are going to tell me i don't need medications so that i could somewhat function in a day. In addition to skills. 
To tell me people talk badly about me in the village-how in gods name is that supposed to help me? I know I have a huge stigma to fight.  I don't want to know that mountain just got higher. I need acknowledgement that I have made progress.I want to know how far up that mountain I got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment