Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Why is the door Blue?

Well the door is mine and the red circle is the danger zone- if you are not invited into my space then there will be consequences- but ofter the consequence is not one you will face but rather where i will beat myself up and possibly hurt myself for allowing you to trample over my boundaries and get too close to my safe space. Yes my imaginary safe space has a blue door for the inner peace it offers  me. And as I get stronger the damage will be less on me and i will be able to voice my boundary. 
Like everybody we have different rules for different people as to how close they can come.  Some you need to keep at poles length and you know they'll ignore your boundaries anyways and others whom you allow closest to you. 
But i learned about boundaries rather late in life- my boundaries had pretty much been trampled upon before I could walk or talk because i was born with a rare medical condition. The mishandling of me continued in other areas of life. And finally by my getting so ill my boundaries needed to be addressed!  And as i was getting more confident in my art I was also becoming more able to address my issues through a paintbrush. This piece was painted near the end of my long stay in St. Urban  where thanks to a handful of nurses,and  therapists I could establish boundaries so when i went out in the world I would feel like i had that safe place behind my blue door.  Do you have a blue door? 

No comments:

Post a Comment